Have a question? Like more information?
Workplace Retirement Plans
Workplace Retirement Plans
Helping You Prepare for Your Retirement Goals
It's never too late or too early to start preparing for retirement. When your employer chooses a retirement plan from the companies of OneAmerica®, you get access to benefits as well as friendly service and reliable resources.
Quality Investment Options
Ask your employer about the investment strategies available through your workplace. Retirement plans from the companies of OneAmerica offer a wide range of investment options from industry leaders.
Set retirement goals and maintain your strategy so you can achieve them. Investment education media from the companies of OneAmerica can help you make the best choices for your needs.
Around-the-clock Account Access
Get account information or conduct select transactions online and by telephone any time — day or night. Secure account management tools from the companies of OneAmerica can give you the confidence you need to manage your retirement future.
Personal savings and Social Security benefits only make up part of an overall retirement income picture. Ask your employer about the workplace retirement plan available to you and start getting the most out of this valuable employee benefit. Keep in mind:
There are different types of retirement plans —The retirement plan offered by your employer might be called a
401(k), a 403(b), a 457 deferred compensation plan or a 408 (IRA) plan.
- Plan features can vary —Talk to your employer to get information specific to your plan.
- Start participating as soon as possible — The sooner you begin contributing to a retirement account, the more time you have for your money to grow.
- Contributions to the plan are tax-deferred —The money you contribute to your retirement account is automatically deducted from your paycheck before taxes are taken out.
- You choose how your contributions are invested — In most cases, your employer’s plan will offer several investment options. Deciding where you want your contributions to go depends on your tolerance for risk and your overall retirement strategy.
Participating in your workplace retirement plan provides you with benefits now and in the future. Talk to your employer for information about the retirement plans it sponsors. In the meantime, here are some reasons to participate as soon as possible:
- Reduce taxes on your current income while setting aside money for retirement
- Prepare for a retirement lifestyle you will enjoy
- Develop a strategy to weather stock market ups and downs and increase your chance for long-term gains
- Add to your account with matching contributions offered by many employers
- Make preparing for retirement a priority — before you spend your paycheck
Starting a retirement strategy may be as simple as contributing a few pre-tax dollars from each paycheck. Talk to your employer about participating in your workplace retirement plan or learning more about developing a financial strategy.
- Ask your employer about retirement preparation information it provides
- Explore our online financial education information
- Use online tools and calculators to get ideas for developing or maintaining your retirement strategy
- Read your quarterly account statements and track your progress
- Educate yourself about retirement savings strategies.
If you already participate in a retirement plan, your priorities may shift as you move through life. You may change how much you want to contribute and how your contributions get invested. Periodic monitoring and review of your retirement strategy can help you keep your goals within reach. If your employer offers a retirement plan through the companies of OneAmerica, you can manage your account online, contact us and do the following:
- Enroll in your workplace retirement plan
- Access account balances
- Review your investment performance
- Change investment options
- Change plan contribution percentages
Products issued and underwritten by American United Life Insurance Company® (AUL), a OneAmerica company. Administrative and recordkeeping services provided by McCready and Keene, Inc. or OneAmerica Retirement Services LLC, companies of OneAmerica which are not broker/dealers or investment advisors. Provided content is for overview and informational purposes only and is not intended and should not be relied upon as individualized tax, legal, fiduciary, or investment advice. For answers to your specific questions, please consult a qualified attorney or tax advisor.
Service Starts Here
Your financial strategies set up your retirement.
Check in, Check up
Actively engage with your policies, plans and strategies.
One Day Is Today
Like you, we take preparing for retirement seriously.