Have a question? Like more information?
Protecting Your Information
Security & Browser Requirements
The companies of OneAmerica® understand that your trust in us depends on how well we protect your information. The enterprise utilizes many industry-accepted security practices, such as firewalls, data encryption and verifying your identity before granting access to your account data via this website. See our Information Security Program below for more details.
Information Security Program Overview
OneAmerica Financial Partners, Inc. understands that use of information is at the heart of our business. We take the use and handling of customer and employee information very seriously and are committed to its protection. Our Information Security Program works to ensure this protection is based on the primary goals of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.
The OneAmerica IT Risk Management (ITRM) department is dedicated to this purpose and focuses on information protection. ITRM is responsible for working with corporate and business units to identify, evaluate and mitigate risks to our people, information and equipment. The department is responsible for many aspects of IT-related risks, including Information Security Consulting and Business Continuity.
OneAmerica puts significant time, money and effort into the risk management processes. We strive to adhere to industry standards for products and processes. We use the advice of third-party industry analysts, such as Gartner Group or Forrester for guidance. We enlist the help of security specialists for vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and gap analysis.
- We work closely with our Privacy Officer to understand and prioritize controls needed to maintain compliance with applicable laws.
- We create security policies, standards and procedures and educate our users of their existence and application.
- We monitor and audit internal systems security.
- We consult on business and IT projects to ensure applicable security and business continuity considerations are addressed.
What You Should Do to Protect Your Information
- Do not share your login name or password.
- Change your password frequently. If you have questions when creating or changing your password, refer to our password recommendations.
- Complete the Registration process as quickly as possible.
- Always log off this site before leaving your computer or accessing other websites. When using a public PC (such as in a library or school), also close the browser when you are finished.
- Consider using a personal firewall to prevent hackers from invading your personal computer, especially if you are using high speed or broadband to access the Internet.
- Install virus protection software and scan all downloaded software, as well as all removable media (e.g. diskettes, thumbdrives), before use.
- Delete emails with attachments from unknown sources.
- Never send confidential information in an unencrypted email.
- Do not enter confidential information on a Web page that does not contain a security padlock().
Adobe Acrobat Reader™
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ is free, and freely distributable, software that lets you view and print Adobe portable document format (PDF) files on all major computer platforms.
Security & Browser Requirements
Our secure websites are designed to be viewed with and optimized for:
- A screen resolution of 1024x768 or higher
- A browser that supports Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Domestic-grade 128-bit encryption (U.S and Canada only)
Using a browser that supports SSL and a domestic-grade 128-bit encryption is a minimum-security requirement for accessing your account information and is one of the strongest forms of encryption available for commercial use over the Internet. We recommend using Internet Explorer 8.0 or greater.
If you do not have Microsoft® Internet Explorer 8.0 or greater, you may download a free copy below. Follow the detailed instructions provided on the Microsoft website. After downloading, you will need to exit your current browser in order to install the new one.
In addition to the aforementioned browser requirements, you will need to ensure that the settings defined below are enabled on your browser.
Business Continuity Program
At OneAmerica®, we strive to be there when customers need us most, and there is no exception if we are suffering an outage due to a localized disaster. Our continuity plans are always being reviewed for ways to improve our strategies and decrease our system down time.
The Business Continuity Program encompasses plans that include Emergency Response, Business Resumption and System Recovery. Our program includes quarterly maintenance cycles with metric reporting to senior management to allow for continuous improvement in our planning cycle. We also perform annual testing that allows us to put these plans into action, and find better, faster ways to recover.