The financial strength of the OneAmerica companies is evident by the favorable ratings assigned by two independent industry ratings organizations — A.M. Best and Standard & Poor's.
Rating as of May 8, 2013: A+ (Superior) — Stable outlook
A+ (Superior) is the second highest of 16 possible ratings, according to A.M. Best.
The 2013 affirmation of the A+ (Superior) rating for OneAmerica companies American United Life Insurance Company®, The State Life Insurance Company and Pioneer Mutual Life Insurance Company (OneAmerica Group) reflect:
- Consistently strong sales, excellent retention and positive net flows which contribute to strong operating earnings
- Strong risk-based capital position
- Diversified sources of revenue and earnings from established niche positions in core Retirement Services and Individual Life segments<</p>
- Growth in most core markets — full-service small and mid-sized retirement plans, life insurance and asset-based long-term care
- Well-developed enterprise risk management framework
- Investment portfolio performed significantly better than most of its peers with respect to realized and unrealized losses over the last five years
Standard & Poor’s
Rating as of July 11, 2013: AA- (Very strong) — Stable outlook
AA- (Very strong) is the fourth highest of 21 possible ratings, according to Standard & Poor’s.
S & P’s 2011 affirmation of American United Life Insurance Company® and The State Life Insurance Company, both companies of OneAmerica, reflects:
- A strong competitive position supported by a leading market position in its Care Solutions business line, very strong growth in retirement services and a wide geographic footprint
- Extremely strong capital and earnings
- Strong liquidity
- Extremely strong financial risk profile, bolstered by AAA capital level redundancy according to Standard & Poor's insurance risk-based capital model
- Growing captive agency and diversified distribution network
- A well-developed and clearly articulated risk management program
Note: OneAmerica is a stock holding company, not a licensed insurance company.
Note: These ratings reflect rating agency assessments of the financial strength and claims-paying ability of the OneAmerica companies listed. They are not intended to reflect the investment experience or financial strength of any variable account, which is subject to market risk. Because the dates are only updated when there’s a change in the rating, the dates above reflects the most recent ratings we have received. Please know that these ratings can change at any time.