OneAmerica® Ups Ante on Education Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
Company going beyond traditional retirement plan guidance by providing holistic educationIndianapolis, May 14, 2020
Having earned a reputation in the retirement industry for its award-winning, client-focused approach, OneAmerica® has upped the ante in this climate of uncertainty to deliver on one of its key differentiators ─ education. Through a holistic approach that surpasses traditional plan guidance, OneAmerica is delivering key resources and assistance to retirement plan sponsors and participants.
“We recognize that these times are unprecedented, and our clients and participants are dealing with new challenges every day,” said Sandy McCarthy, president of Retirement Services. “We’re committed to providing resources that help our plan sponsors and participants navigate this new environment, and we’re proud to take this beyond retirement preparation and into a sphere of overall support.”
In addition to resources that provide insight into traditional retirement preparation topics like market volatility and the importance of budgeting, OneAmerica is providing materials specific to the COVID-19 pandemic. Through a series of webinars and online guides, OneAmerica is offering resources for both retirement plan sponsors and participants that address a wide-ranging spectrum of timely topics, from key provisions of the CARES Act to materials promoting emotional well-being.
For its plan participants, OneAmerica:
- Waived fees for hardship withdrawals from 401(k) retirement plans, helping ease the financial burden during these challenging times.
- Provided outreach on relevant topics like market volatility and the importance of staying focused on a long-term retirement strategy, even during a time when it’s easy to be distracted by headlines.
- Highlighted key provisions of the CARES Act and possible consequences of taking a loan or distribution, as well as the use of budgeting as a potential alternative.
- Offered holistic, bilingual resources related to emotional well-being on topics from stress management to working remotely and staying healthy at the home office.
For its plan sponsors, OneAmerica:
- Created a suite of materials, including webinars and online guides, meant to provide insight into a variety of COVID-related topics, including key provisions and impacts of the CARES Act.
- Provided thought leadership and best practices on topics beyond traditional retirement preparation, including cybersecurity and remote working.
- Developed customized materials for the manufacturing, health care, nonprofit and legal services sectors – four of the key market segments for OneAmerica.
These materials, which combine industry data with findings from virtual focus group sessions, provide insights and best practices for plan sponsors in specific fields.
“We’re always looking for ways to support our plan sponsors and participants – through both good and bad times,” said Alan Blaskowski, Retirement Services relationship management leader at OneAmerica. “We’re working with our plan sponsors to understand and help them solve for the issues that COVID-19 is presenting to their businesses and participants, and we’re getting great feedback about the innovative tools we’re providing.”
# # #
A national provider of insurance and financial services for more than 140 years, the companies of OneAmerica help customers build and protect their financial futures. OneAmerica offers a variety of products and services to serve the financial needs of their policyholders and customers. These products include retirement plan products and recordkeeping services, individual life insurance, annuities, asset-based long-term care solutions and employee benefit plan products. Products are issued and underwritten by the companies of OneAmerica and distributed through a nationwide network of employees, agents, brokers and other sources who are committed to providing value to our customers. To learn more about our products, services and the companies of OneAmerica, visit oneamerica.com/about-us/companies-of-oneamerica.
OneAmerica is the marketing name for the companies of OneAmerica.
Products issued and underwritten by American United Life Insurance Company® (AUL), a OneAmerica company. Administrative and recordkeeping services provided by McCready and Keene, Inc. or OneAmerica Retirement Services LLC, companies of OneAmerica which are not broker/dealers or investment advisors.
Provided content is for overview and informational purposes only and is not intended and should not be relied upon as individualized tax, legal, fiduciary, or investment advice.
Tom Spalding, Public Relations Manager, 317-285-1461