Improving Quality of Life Through Community Support
As a conscientious corporate citizen, we have an obligation to balance investments in our communities with investments in our business. Each year, we set aside a percentage of the company’s average earnings for our grant programs.
As a mutual insurance holding company — managed for the benefit of our customers — our customers are our focus. Our primary responsibility is to pay the benefits we have promised and help them prepare for the future so our customers can uphold their quality of life.
Our goal is to allocate resources to organizations and programs that make a difference in our communities through:
- Education (primarily K-12, early childhood and at-risk populations)
- Civic initiatives that strengthen our communities
- Arts and cultural organizations that support education and economic development and add to the vibrancy of the community
Grant Guidelines & Grant Applications
Contribution and sponsorship requests are reviewed and approved during the third quarter of each year to determine the following year’s budget. Occasionally, the OneAmerica® Contributions Committee reviews new, unbudgeted requests from 501(c)3 organizations and allocates funds from a limited reserve.
Submit requests for contributions with the following information:
- The organization’s name and purpose
- Why funds are needed, how they’ll be used and how they will impact the community
- Amount of the request
- Other sources of funding the organization receives
- A copy of the 501(c)3 determination letter from the IRS, verifying the organization’s tax-exempt status.
Send requests to:
Assistant Vice President, Community Affairs
OneAmerica Financial Partners, Inc.
PO Box 368
Indianapolis, IN 46206-0368